The Christmas season is right around corner which will either fill you with tears of joy or groans of grinchiness and despair. Either way it will also probably mean that your calendar is filling up with Christmas parties, family meals and hot drink catch ups with friends. So now is the time to put on a powerful lip colour and strut through December like a christmas queen. Here are my top 5 lippies for the festive season…
- NYX Lip Lingerie in Embellishment – I love this colour because it makes me feel like Elsa from Frozen. It is a gorgeous grey colour with lilac undertones and goes perfectly with silver sparkly eyes – winter wonderland make up sorted! The only downside I have come to find with all NYX lip lingeries is that they can be very drying on lip so if you want to rock this ice queen vibe then definitely lap on the vaseline before hand (or else you might find yourself looking like a white walker.)
- Collection Velvet Kiss in Rosie 3 – This colour came into my life a few weeks ago when I was looking for a cheap red lip to wear on halloween. I found this one in boots for around £4 and couldn’t say no to it. Since then I have fallen in love. For years I have avoided red lips as I felt it made my acne stand out more but I found this deep red shade to be very wearable and compliments my pink undertones skin. It lasts a long time, doesn’t dry my lips out and for £4 is definitely something I will be going back for more of.
- Revlon Ultra HD in Dependance – I have spoken about this lip colour previously in my testing new autumn make up post but I have found the closer it’s getting to christmas the more I am reaching for this colour. It is a gorgeous berry shade that I find compliments my blonde hair really well. It goes amazingly with loads of autumnal outfits and lasts a long time so you can drink endless glasses of mulled wine and eat as many mince pies as you desire without having to worry about your lippie coming off.
- Rimmel Stay Matte in Pink Blink – This is my favourite lip colour for if I am doing a natural make up look. It is a nude shade with pink undertones that comes out darker on the lips than it looks in the tube. The only issue I have with this matte lip though is that it can come out quite clumpy so I have learnt that a little definitely goes a long way. Plus that makes it look more natural as well.
- Topshop Lip Bullet in Motel – If you’re looking for a lip colour on-the-go the the toyshop lip bullets are for you. It is so easy to apply and is not drying like some of the other lip colours so you don’t have to load up in vaseline first. The colour Motel is a really gorgeous mauve nude colour that can be built up to a more purpley shade. It is very natural looking but still makes it look like you’ve made an effort so i think it will be great for those days when you have to go straight from the office to a party.
So there are my go to lip colours for the festive season. What are yours? What are you most looking forward to about Christmas?
Go and grab another cuppa on me, Em x
LIKED THIS POST? read my other post on MAD BEAUTY Product Reviews