Recently I have started to read a book called The Secret (blog post coming soon!) and one of the things it talks about is a dream board filled with things that you want/desire. It is a visual way of motivating you (and something that I thought would also make a pretty wall decoration!) It is a place for you to fill with photos of the things you want and quotes and whatever else motivates you! The best thing about it is once you achieve something or get one of things you want you can take it off and, if you want to, replace it with something new
Here are the supplies you will need (I got most of mine from hobby craft)…
Here is my step by step guide of how to make it…
- First things first you need to figure out what you want to put on the board so make a list of 10-15 things that you really want – they can be anything from a cup of water to a yacht
- Print out photos that visually represent everything on your list. I used my LG pocket photo printer (TIP: it’s cheaper to buy the Polaroid PoGo paper that works just the same as the LG paper)
- Give your board a title
- Start trying different arrangements of the photos/quotes until you’re happy with how it looks
- Pin them down!
- Add captions to any photos that you think need them
- Fill up spaces with quotes and stickers or washi tape
- You’re all done!
Now that you’re all motivated (and have some cute new decor) get out there and start living your dreams! I’ve made myself cringe with that one!
Go and grab another cuppa on me, Em x